Welcome to Canadia

Following a year of preparation, I've finally made it to Canada! Greetings y'all

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Washed Out

I woke up this morning with the best of intentions to do some more laps of the park, practice some more tricks, and generally mess around. It was so warm getting on the bottom of the lift, that I cockily thought I won't bother putting my gloves, goggles or ballaclava thing on. Course by the time I'd got up halfway I was regretting my choice. The snow was getting blown off the hill by the 40-70kmh wind, and straight into my face. By the top I had to just run to some shelter to get all my stuff on.

I had one run through the park which was ok as it's relatively sheltered. However, the run back to the lift was a nightmare, and I decided it really wasn't worth the hassle. It was the first time where the runs at the bottom of the mountain were better than the rest. It's still pretty warm, and the snow is just like sugar - strange to ride on, but pretty fun cos it's so soft. Still stopped off at the bottom of the halfpipe at Blackcomb, and it just so happened that the men's Canadian halfpipe snowboard team were getting some last minute training before heading off to Torino. Man, it was scary watching some of them, the size of the McTwists and 720's they were throwing down.

By now though, it was raining at the base, and despite the fun I was having in the soft snow, I could only handle a couple of runs before I decided it was getting too wet.

So here I am, stuck in the appartment again, but today I am actually pretty pleased cos it beats getting frozen up on the mountain. Hopefully this weather should bring some new snow to the top of the mountain, which will make tommorrow pretty good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home